Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My speech to the Utah State Republican Central Committee

This is what I was supposed to say for my speech for the Constitution and Bylaws Committee.

Robert Heinlein once wrote, “Never appeal to a man’s higher nature, he may not have one.”
I can’t convince you that I have a higher nature. I will tell you that I do have enlightened self interest.
Any system that can give me an unfair advantage can also give someone else an unfair advantage over me. I want to help build a system where people and ideas can compete honestly and fairly.
Along with our Republican ideals, this system will result in the greatest ideas and the finest people that will preserve and improve our unalienable rights of Life, Liberty, Property, and the pursuit of happiness!
My name is Tom Clay, and I want your vote.

No comments: